Thursday, January 14, 2010

Steeeerike!




There’s this game I found out about a long time ago. It’s super popular; pretty much everyone I know plays or has played it. It has the thrill of action sports; the satisfaction/sense of belonging that comes with being on a team; and the potential payoff of playing the lottery.

The catch is that you are guaranteed to lose every time you play, except one (and winning once isn’t even guaranteed). The one time you win also has to be the last time you play. Oh yeah, and if you try to play again after you win, you will suffer a loss worse than every other loss you’ve experienced.

I hear the payout is amazing though…

3 comments:

TaraB said...

Yeah. Losing sucks. Not playing at all though is much worse, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to that payoff.

Nicholas said...

I have a guess as to the game you're talking about. But I wish you would just tell me so I don't have to guess and maybe get it wrong and look dumb.

Ludine Pierre said...

haha, Nick.

Nice way to put it Matt. I think I'm gonna keep playing...