Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Self Righteous Rant

Allow me, for a moment, to rant about something that isn't new or original.

Adventists, by and large, are the most hypocritical group of people that I know. Myself included. True, many of the people I know and most that I know well are Adventist, and we are nauseatingly hypocritical. We are causing people to have a grossly distorted view of God because of how we act, what we are comfortable with, and who we exclude because we are too damn lazy to put the effort into getting to know them for who they are rather than what they aren't.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Life is not about surrounding yourself with what is comfortable and protecting yourself from what isn't. Life is for living. So stop protecting yourself and live! You know that people's perception of God is dependent on how we live our lives, so it's bigger than just you.

Get over yourself, and live life. Fully and abundantly.

Life life. Purposefully and with variety.

Live. Life.

1 comment:

Carley Brown said...

Im home for a bit, while talking to my mom about going to church tomorrow(SDA of course), she mentioned this "other" church and said "you can wear your earrings at that church", basically ensuing that I wouldn't be ridiculed or judged if I attended the "other" church.

I was somewhat bothered, considering I haven't been to an SDA church for a service in about 8 months or more, and the fact that I wear earrings on occasion seemed to be overclouding the actual fact that I'd be attending. That I guess wasn't something to be excited about