Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Inconvenienced

Gas inland is about 35 cents a gallon cheaper than gas in LA. For this reason, I've started buying inland, at the same place in Colton, about halfway between Maranatha's house and where the mtn. biking trails are at.

When I filled up last Sunday I got approached again by another person asking for money. It was seriously the third or fourth time that day that people had asked me for money. And, every time I've filled my car up at this place, I've always been guilted into giving someone something.

Yes, I realize that is a terrible thing to think, but I thought it. I genuinely felt inconvenienced, and wished that I could just live my life in peace. I'm sad to say that I did not cheerfully help every person who asked. I'm sad to say that I often think life is about me, and what I want, and what I think I need, and how I feel.

So it comes as no surprise that the last three times I've opened the Bible, its been to Isaiah 58. No matter how much I try to ignore God, He always has a way of shedding light on the truth if I'll only open my eyes.

No comments: