Thursday, December 10, 2009

Missed the train



Somehow I don't really mind missing the train.

I mean I was a little put off at first, but now, twenty minutes later, I'm really glad it happened.

My whole evening had been planned out, almost down to the minute. The waiting times for the bus, time spent at home before heading to the climbing gym, time pilates class starts, when I was going to head home, go to bed etc... had all been planned out. When the train left, my plans followed suite.

Right now, I'm drinking an eggnog latte at my favorite cafe (Zeitgeist anyone?) in Seattle, just relaxing and watching people. Man sometimes I just need to slow down. Take it easy. Not miss out on life because I'm so busy planning the next step.

Ps- eggnog lattes aren't that bad, but I probably wouldn't recommend it.

2 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

Matt Turk,
we keep tagging eachother with our phones.....:) Break is coming and I'm going to be not in libraries so often! :) I'd love to catch up over Christmas if you are gonna be around....that is if you're not going to be out of service on some ice adventure or something. I like this blog. I too am GUILTY of stressing over everything, feeling bad about any time that isn't productive, and just missing out on thingsl like Cafe Zeitgeist....never been but will go someday. :) Anyway, I hope you're well. I wish so much that I was going to Chicago. The tickets just got too expensive....you're goin though right? Ok, talk to you later friend, love em

Ms.Hey said...

How was the wedding?!?!