Friday, November 20, 2009

shoes

For the past year, I have a pair of boat shoes that I've worn about 5 days a week. They're awesome and comfortable. They can be dressed up or down, to church or the beach. I've gone climbing and running in them. They're great with or without socks, and they just slip on. Unfortunately, with all this wear, they are starting to get holes in the bottoms.
For those who don't know, I live in Seattle now. It rains a lot in Seattle, so the tradeoff to wearing my awesome boat shoes is wet feet.
I have this things about my belt and my shoes matching. I put on a brown belt yesterday, so that meant... brown shoes. It was raining outside as usual and I didn't feel like changing my belt, so it was either wet feet, or dress shoes.
My dress shoes are really nice. They're kindof heavy, nice leather... blah blah blah. They're dry. That's why I chose them.
It's been a while since I've worn 'nice' shoes. I never realized how different they make you feel and act. They're hard to run in. They make me walk funny, and they seem so serious. They were even getting in the way of my end of day ping pong match with Nate.
This story should have been summed up in one statement:
I feel like a retard in dress shoes.

5 comments:

Dylan Wren said...

You should get that fixed, I hate to see a good pair of shoes die.

BrittanyK said...

Maybe those boots weren't made for walking...

Ludine Pierre said...

new boat shoes?

do it.

who needs dress shoes anyway? so overrated.

TaraB said...

One: I agree with Ludine.

Two: Duck tape. It's the answer for everything. I mean everything.

Three: I agree with Ludine.

TaraB said...

um. did I say duck tape? I meant duct tape. but not really because in my mind it's always duck tape. I had to google it...